The Indian Institute of science is one of the premium institutions that offer courses and technical education in the field of research and science. IISc does not conduct its own entrance examination. The admission process of 2017 for various academic courses like PH.D, Research, PG, and UG is based on the merit secured through national level entrance examinations including JEE, NEET, GATE, CEED, PVPY, JAM etc.
This foremost elite institute opens admission only once every year by release of application forms in the 1st week of February.The details about the admission process, eligibility and application form and procedure have been briefed below.
Eligibility Criteria in IISc
- For PH.D. / M Tech or research courses or PH.D in external research programmes, candidates must have a master or bachelor degree passed in 1st or second class with qualifying CEED/ GATE or CAT score.
- The prerequisite for selection for PhD in IISC is valid score from national level examinations like JEST or JAM of 2017.
- For integrated PhD, applicants must secure a minimum BSC pass with 1st class or BE or B. Tech degree or any other equivalent degree with JAM 2017 or JEST 2017.
- For undergraduates’ programmes, candidates should have 10+2 examination passed with PCM where mathematics is main subject and have secured 60% with certain relaxation for SC and ST candidates. .
The exam pattern varies according to the courses selected. The online application process has commenced from 1st of February, 2017 and the last date is March 24th, 2017 for PG programme while for UG programme it is April 28th, 2017. Admission tests will be conducted from May, 2017.
Application Form and Procedure
Applicants who are aspiring to seek admission in IISc should check the official site of IISc and fill the application form as per the guidelines and instructions varying for each course and category. The form is available in online mode.
- The online application process has already commenced and the form must be filled and submitted prior April 28th, 2017 and 24th March for PG programmes.
- Applicants from defense background who would be applying for any sponsored course have to submit the printed copy of the online application form by 31st March 2017.
- You have to pay the application fee and keep the print of the application for future reference.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode of payment like Net-banking,debit or credit cards or master card or via offline mode using challan.